So far adulthood is just going grocery shopping, realizing you didn’t plan well or logically, going grocery shopping again, repeat ad infinitum. 0/10 stars, would not recommend
- Blue Swede | Hooked on a Feeling
- Raspberries | Go All The Way
- Norman Greenbaum | Spirit in the Sky
- David Bowie | Moonage Daydream
- Elvin Bishop | Fooled Around and Fell in Love
- 10CC | I’m Not in Love
- Jackson 5 | I Want You Back
- Redbone | Come and Get Your Love
- The Runaways | Cherry Bomb
- Rupert Holmes | Escape (The Piña Colada Song)
- The Five Stairsteps | O-O-H Child
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell | Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
if u tag me in things i will be 100% happy idont even care what it is
*awkwardly tries to be fandom and aesthetic at the same time*
it’s been exactly 10 years since Rachel got off that plane and I’m still not over it.
this is how you end a show. you don’t give the audience exactly what they want, or take it completely away from them either, you leave them with the idea of what could be
you don’t throw all sanity to hell in the hopes of going out with a bang, you go out with a warm hug and a thank you
you don’t give the characters the perfect dream ending, you give them something better
and this is how you end a show that is so powerful, people are still emotional about it 10 years after it ends.
These, for me, are the two most depressing paintings in western history. They were painted by post-impressionist Henry de Toulouse-Lautrec, a man who, due to inbreeding, was born with a genetic disorder that prevented his legs from growing after they were broken. After being so thoroughly mocked for is appearance, he became an alcoholic, which is what eventually caused his institutionalization and death. His only known romantic relations were with prostitutes.
And then he paints something like this which is so beautiful and tender and sentimental. It seems like the couple in bed really loves each other—cares about each other. Wakes up happy to look at each other. And I see that love and passion and I wonder how lonely he must have been. I wonder how he could paint something like this without it breaking his heart.
Maybe they say artists should create what they know, not because its unbelievable when they extend themselves beyond their experiences, but because when they pull it off with such elegance, it’s so damn unbearable to look at. I hate thinking of Lautrec, wondering about the lovers he created and knowing it was beyond his experience. Creating something that he knows is beautiful and knows he’ll never really understand.
i don’t read “uwu” as a smiley face in my head i read it as “ooo woo”
- It’s your job! I give you money. You give me ideas.
- And you never say thank you!
- That’s what the money is for! You’re young, you’ll get your recognition. And honestly, its absolutely ridiculous to be two years into your career and counting your ideas! Everything to you is an opportunity! And you should be thanking me every morning when you wake up, along with Jesus for giving you another day! | GET TO KNOW ME MEME: MAD MEN, THE SUITCASE [2/5 tv episodes]
I think I’m going to write a book called “‘Four Hours Is Definitely Enough Sleep’ And Other Lies I Tell Myself”
it infuriates me when people tell me “lifes too short to not forgive people!” like NO lifes too short for me to continually allow abusive and manipulative behavior in my life and live in a constant state of anxiety bc I want to be “nice” or whatever